Looking for a fun twist on holiday festivities this year? Think about planning a Friendsgiving getaway in Lake Havasu. It may not be a tradition you’re used to, but it just might become a new tradition after you try it once!
Choose the Place
Get a few friends together and pack up for a long weekend at The Place, the perfect vacation rental for your Friendsgiving plans in Lake Havasu. There’s plenty of space to celebrate with your closest friends. Between the 3 bedrooms, there are two king sized beds and one queen sized bed, all featuring luxury bedding. Each room is equipped with its own HDTV and set apart from others for privacy.
You will also find a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances and quartz countertops, and plenty of space to prepare your Friendsgiving meal. Whether you decide to dine inside or out, there is seating for everyone at either of the dining tables.
No matter the weather, you will love having access to the jacuzzi and backyard TV at The Place. Lake Havasu features mild weather all year round, so you can enjoy the entire property.
Check out the availability of The Place to see if planning a holiday getaway with friends is on your horizon!
Plan the Menu
Once you’ve put together the guest list and set the date, it’s time to start planning the menu. Friendsgiving is the perfect time to get creative and try something new. Maybe the traditional thanksgiving meal of turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and pie is your idea of a perfect Friendsgiving menu, or maybe you want to choose a new theme.
Looking for a creative twist on the menu theme? Here are some ideas:
- All-American BBQ-major on the meat and minor on the satisfying sides
- South of the Border favorites
- Seafood Feast-all your favorite seafood dishes and the fixings
- Around the World in 80 Minutes-an eclectic array of global cuisine
- Breakfast for Dinner
Divvy Up the Menu
After you choose a theme, delegate to your guests to let everyone join in on the fun. Make sure everyone has time to plan ahead, even if it’s finding out about the perfect place to order takeout in Lake Havasu for their assigned dishes.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the local food and beer scene in Lake Havasu. There are plenty of local breweries to stop by and find the perfect drinks to pair with your meal, and you might even find a local restaurant that can cater some or even most of the meal.
Invent a New Tradition
The Friendsgiving meal is the main event, but don’t forget to add a new tradition to the mix. Creating memories with friends doesn’t always require a plan, but try one of these ideas to spark a new favorite:
- Plan a tournament in the garage-turned game room, where you and your friends can compete in pool or arcade games.
- Start the day with a hike or mountain bike ride
- Rent a boat to take out on the lake
- Fill a jar with notes about what you’re thankful for this year
- Take the morning after your cooking-fest off by treating yourselves to brunch at one of Lake Havasu’s awesome restaurants
Ready to get started with your planning? Start by checking our availability!