Setting aside the time to get together with your extended family is a great way to stay connected, and we have an ideal location, Indio! Even if you can’t get everyone together, planning a small family reunion is something you won’t regret. We have some tips to help you get the planning process started.
Find Out Who’s Coming to the Family Reunion
Start by making a list of family members who will be attending the family reunion. This will help you determine the size and type of vacation rental you’ll need to accommodate everyone comfortably. After contacting everyone and gauging their interest, you can choose a plan that will work for the group.
Choose the Accommodations
The right vacation rental is key for your family reunion. If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay in Indio, consider the Brooklyn Penthouse. Some of its luxury features include:
- 5 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, with beds for 12 guests
- 40 foot saltwater pool and spa
- Outdoor kitchen with a pizza oven and Thor BBQ
- Outdoor fireplace
- Outdoor 65″ smart TV
- Movie theater with a 120″ screen and 4k laser projector
- Game room with pool, darts, shuffleboard, basketball, and plenty of arcade games and board games
- Outdoor entertainment including ping pong, air hockey, and corn hole
- Whole house sound system
Determine how meals will be organized during the reunion. You can either assign meal preparation duties to different family members, plan potluck-style meals, or hire a local catering service for convenience.
At the Brooklyn Penthouse, it’s easy to enjoy preparing a meal without venturing out of the vacation home. You can choose from the indoor or outdoor kitchen, where you will find everything you need to create any meal you like. The outdoor pizza oven will take family pizza night to the next level, and you can enjoy dining al fresco in the beautiful backyard.
Explore the Greater Palm Springs Area
Depending on the ages, interests, and abilities of your family members, you can choose activities and attractions in the Indio area that cater to your unique group. Consider organizing group outings to nearby destinations like Joshua Tree National Park, Empire Polo Club, or the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens.
Plan Memorable Activities
Don’t forget to plan some memorable and unique activities for the family, like a tournament style game night, a movie showing in the home theater, or themed dinners. You can also create a slideshow of family memories, asking everyone to contribute some of their favorite photos and videos.
Create a Keepsake
When you have gone to all the trouble of coordinating a family reunion, you don’t want to forget your special time together. Create a keepsake of some kind, like one of these ideas:
- Have everyone contribute photos they take to a shared digital album, and then create a photo book after the trip for everyone
- Hire a local photographer to get family photos taken during the trip
- Plan a family talent show or friendly competition and film it