Has it been too long since you got together with your college friends? After graduation, the years can quickly pass until the people that were once your best friends are people you have not seen in a decade. If this sounds like you, maybe it is time to plan a college reunion of sorts.
It’s as easy as choosing a fun location that is easy to get to from anywhere, booking a vacation rental where you can all stay together, and showing up to make new memories. Here are some tips to help.
Consider Lake Havasu
Lake Havasu is a great location for your college reunion for a few reasons:
- It is easy to get to, drivable distance from anywhere in Southern California or Arizona and featuring an airport in town for those who need to travel from further away.
- Lake Havasu is fun all year round, with water sports and summer fun to enjoy in the warmer months and a mild winter climate so you can still explore the beautiful scenery in the coldest months.
- There are plenty of restaurants and breweries to choose from.
- Lake Havasu has plenty do to, inside or out. Book a charter to cruise on the lake at sunset, grab drinks while you enjoy live music, take an ATV trip, go fishing any time or year, plan a pub crawl, or just relax in your luxury vacation rental.
Where to Stay
Finding the right place to stay is key. Instead of opting for a hotel in Lake Havasu, consider a luxury vacation rental where you can all have your own private space to sleep but enjoy spacious common areas that you won’t have to share with anyone outside your party.
At The Place, you will find everything you need for a small college reunion, including:
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- Game room, complete with pool table, juke box, and arcade games
- Heated pool and hot tub
- Outdoor living space with grill, TV, couches, and lawn games like Cornhole and Bocce ball
- Fully equipped kitchen
- HDTVs with streaming services
Tips for Planning Your Reunion
Make this trip even more special and memorable with some of these tips.
Lean on the Nostalgia
Think back to your college days and bring in some nostalgia for the reunion. Print out photos of the crew to look through together, pack your favorite snacks and drinks from way back when, or bring some yearbooks and other memorabilia to get the memories and stories flowing.
Depending on the time of year you travel to Lake Havasu, some of the things you want to do may be booking up. Plan ahead by checking in with everyone to see what they want to do so you can book early. Things you may want to reserve ahead of time include:
- Guided fishing trips
- ATV tours
- Chartered boats or sunset cruises
- Vehicle rentals
- Horseback riding tours
Remember to leave plenty of time during the trip to catch up and relax. If you fill the schedule with activities, you may miss the opportunity to just talk and remember why you all became friends.
When you are staying at a comfortable vacation rental like The Place, you may not even want to leave. You can order in or cook your meals there, and have fun with the putting green, arcade, TVs, pool, and more. Leave plenty of quality time together to relax and reminisce.
Ready to book your reunion in Lake Havasu? Check our availability today.